“The Affordable Care Act includes sweeping changes and a number of options in healthcare coverage. There are a wide variety of resources available online that provide information about these options, and how to choose what is best for you. The staff of the Kate Love Simpson Library can direct patrons to those resources.
Making the correct healthcare choices requires an understanding of each person’s or family’s unique health and financial circumstances. Members of the Kate Love Simpson Library staff are not trained or licensed to provide advice or to assist you in selecting a specific health plan, but can provide information and direction to public resources about the Affordable Care Act that will help you make your own choices.” Please visit the websites listed below for more information.
- http://kff.org/aca-consumer-resources/ - Understanding Health Care Reform
- https://questions.cms.gov/faq.php?id=5005&rtopic=1993 – Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- www.healthcare.gov – Location of Health Insurance Marketplace
- https://localhelp.healthcare.gov/ - Find Local Help for Enrollment Assistance
- http://www.hhs.gov/healthcare/facts/timeline/index.html - US Department of Health and Human Services