The McConnelsville Library is open Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. The Chesterhill Branch is offering only curbside service at this time. The first hour of each day is reserved for seniors and our most vulnerable patrons. Please keep in mind that our buildings and services are going to look different than they did several months ago.
What can you expect?
- Plexiglass has been installed on circulation desks
- Furniture has been removed and floor markings in place to ensure social distancing
- Staff will be wearing masks. In accordance with Governor Dewine's Mask Mandate, all patrons must wear a mask when entering the building. We will supply you with a mask if you need one. If you would rather not wear a mask, we will be happy to gather items for you to pick up via curbside service
- No children under the age of 12 may enter the library without adult supervision
- Capacity is limited to 20 people in the building at any given time at the McConnelsville location. A staff member will be stationed at the door to monitor traffic flow
- All returns must be placed in the book drop. We cannot accept items in the building at this time. We are quarantining items for at least 72 hours and then sanitizing them before they are reshelved. Therefore, it will take several days for returned materials to be removed from your account. Please do not worry about overdues. We are fine free, so no charges will accrue on your account.
Curbside services continues at both locations. These services will be available from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm in McConnelsville and 11:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. in Chesterhill on weekdays only. The first hour of each day is reserved for seniors and those who are most vulnerable. Patrons can place holds online via the library website, www.morgan.lib.oh.us or SEO Library app, or simply call the library and ask a staff member to pull items for you. To pick up your items, please call the library to schedule an appointment. Items will be placed in a bag outside the back door of your desired location at the designated time. This will be done in 15 minute intervals, to allow for social distancing and no overlap of patrons obtaining items.
Bookmobile routes are running. Cheryl and Tom are doing porch drop-offs and/or one person may board the bookmobile at any given time to browse the collection. Please call the library if you have questions or would like to be added to one of our routes. We visit a different area of the county each week. This service is available to all Morgan County residents.
All in-person library programming and meeting room reservations are cancelled until further notice. We are working hard to continue to offer you the same great programming that you have come to expect. Please check the library website and/or our Facebook page for more details.
Please remember that Wi-Fi is always available at both library locations.
Digital resources are always available for additional checkouts, research, and more!
We are continuing to follow the necessary guidelines set forth by the State of Ohio and our local Health Officials to ensure we continue to maintain a safe and healthy environment. Thank you for your patience and understanding during these uncertain and difficult times. We look forward to serving you now and in the future.