There is a meeting room available at the Main Library in McConnelsville.
Purpose: The primary purpose of the library meeting room is to provide facilities for library related activities (including programs, meetings, literacy tutoring, etc.) Other community groups are welcome to use the meeting room when they are not being used for library related activities.
1. Organizations wishing to use the meeting room are required to complete an application form.
2. Meetings are for educational and civic organizations only, and should be free and open to the public. No sales of commercial products or private parties are permitted.
3. A TV/VCR/DVD, overhead projector, laptop projector, podium with microphone and screen are available to meeting room users. The equipment is for meeting room use only and is not permitted out of the building.
4. The number of people attending an activity may not exceed 50.
5. The first row of parking close to the building is reserved for library patrons. Members of groups or organizations attending a meeting at the library are asked to use the remaining spaces in the lot or to park on the street. Due to limited parking space, car pooling is recommended and appreciated.
6. Light refreshments may be served. No cooking appliance may be brought into the meeting room.
7. No alcoholic beverages may be brought into the meeting room. No smoking is permitted.
8. Property or displays may not be left or stored in the meeting room.
9. The group using the room may arrange the chairs and tables as needed. After the meeting, chairs and tables are to be returned as found.
10. Groups where individuals are under age 21 must have adult supervision.
11. The meeting room is available Monday though Saturday starting at 9 a.m. The meeting room must be vacated by 8:30 p.m. Meetings must begin during library hours. The gate will be locked down and doors locked for meetings that run past library hours.
12. No members or guests of the group will bring weapons, firearms, explosives or other harmful materials into the lobby, meeting room, or other areas of the library.
13. The library reserves the right to deny use of the meeting room.
14. If the organization does not comply with the policy, the library reserves the right to terminate an event and/or limit future use of the room by the organization.
15. Groups and their members must not advocate, teach, aid or abet in the commission of a crime, willful and malicious physical damage or injury to property, violence, unlawful acts of force and violence, or unlawful methods of terrorism as a means of accomplishing industrial, political or social ends.
16. The use of the meeting room by a group shall not be publicized in such a way as to imply library sponsorship of the group. The name and address of the Kate Love Simpson Morgan County Library shall not be used as an official address for an organization.
17. Responsibility for any damage to library property must be assumed by the group using the meeting room. The library is not liable for injuries to people or loss or damage of properties of organization using the meeting room.
18. Unless prior approval is obtained from the Director, all participants must vacate the library building by 8:30 PM.
SCHEDULING THE MEETING ROOM
1. Library activities will take priority in scheduling.
2. The room may be booked 12 months in advance. Bookings must be made at least 3 days before the activity. Bookings are to be made on a first come, first served basis.
3. The signed Meeting Use Agreement Form must be returned at least 3 days before the scheduled meeting. A representative of the group should call the library, at least 1 day in advance, in the event of cancellation.
4. The agreement is to be completed and signed by a representative of the group. The person signing the agreement and responsible for the group must be at least 21 years of age.
5. If refreshments are served, a representative from the group must empty the trash cans and remove the trash from the premises. A group representative should check the restrooms to see that they are in order. In addition see that the room and restrooms have been vacated. The meeting room will be inspected after each meeting. If custodial work is needed the group will pay the custodian’s wages.
6. The group representative will turn out the lights in the meeting room, restrooms and hall. (There are lights nears the window that stay on all the time.)